- Those affected by the coronavirus
- Jared Moyer – undergoing an MRI for degenerative disc disease
- Kathy Davis (Donna Shuman’s sister) – prayer for strength & clarity of mind
- Irene Bingeman – recovering from finger surgery as a result of a fall
- Patty Sourwine (Fern Smith’s daughter) – pray for healing and strength
- Cindy Kreider – recovering from surgery at home
- Sharry Greene (Janet Donato’s sister) – Lyme disease
- Carmen Rump – recovering from knee replacement surgery
- Erma Moyer – recovering from a mini-stroke
- Brian Rump – at home; undergoing testing
- Marcy Carbaugh – diagnosed with leukemia
- Sharon Davis (friend of Lena Vigilante) – recovering from surgery
- Dawn Long – undergoing treatments
- Gwen Boltz (Marijane Boltz’ sister) – undergoing treatments
- Bonnie Teets – Stage 2 Leukemia; infusion treatments once a month
WELCOME TO SLCC! We are glad you are here! If you would like to get connected with us, have questions about the church, or have a prayer request, please call the church office at 717-273-4832; email us at email@example.com; or text us at 866-738-4601 and our staff will get back to you. Connection cards are also available at the Information Centers.
Sunday, August 9
- 9:00 am – Book of the Bible class (Choir Room)
- 9:00 am –Post High Class (Room 106)
- 9:00 am –Absolute Surrender Class (Pavilion or 109/111)
- 10:00 am – Senior Saints Sunday school class (Choir Room)
- 11:30 am – Family Day Picnic
- 6:00 pm – Junior and Senior High Bible Study (Heisey home)
MONDAY, August 10
- 6:30 pm – Christian Education Ministry Team meeting
TUESDAY, August 11
- 6:00 pm – Elders Ministry Team meeting
THURSDAY, August 13
- 9:00 am – Quilting Day (experienced and beginners welcome)
FRIDAY, August 14
- 7:00 pm – Prayer and Worship Time (Zinn’s Mill Property)
SATURDAY, August 15
- 6:00 am – Men’s Prayer Time (Room 111)
- 9:00 am – Prayer Shawl Ministry Morning (Room 108)
NEXT SUNDAY, August 16
- 6:00 pm – Youth Bible studies
- August 23 – Christian Education Sunday
- Teacher/Helper Appreciation Luncheon
- Outdoor Baptism and Chicken BBQ, 3 pm
SEPTEMBER NEWSLETTER Information is due next Sunday.
MINISTERS AND DEACONS MEETING will take place on Tuesday, August 25 at 7 pm in the church sanctuary.
WE WILL BE RECEIVING NEW MEMBERS by TRANSFER OF LETTER on Sunday, August 23 at both worship services. Contact Pastor Charlie if you are interested.
SUNDAY SCHOOL PROGRAMS are tentatively being planned to resume for children and adults starting in September. Watch for more details to come.
THE BUS TRIP to the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum on October 18-21 has been CANCELLED!
TRANSPORTATION IS NEEDED on Sunday mornings for Ann Groff to get to church and back home again. If you have an interest in helping, please contact Ann.
FAMILY DAY PICNIC is TODAY! Following the 10:30 worship service, there will be a Bag Lunch provided for all in attendance. You will be given the opportunity to pick up your bag lunch and choose to eat from the following options: 1) eat in the church pavilion; 2) bring lawn chairs or blankets and eat on the church lawn; or 3) take your lunch along home with you.
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION SUNDAY is August 23 with Dr. Robb Palmer as guest speaker. Robb serves as Professor of Marriage and Family Therapy at Evangelical Seminary in Myerstown. This day will also include a Consecration of SLCC Teachers and Helpers; Bible Promotion Sunday; Back to School Blessing for Students and Faculty; and a Teacher/Helper Appreciation Grab & Go Lunch.
NOTE: Bagged lunches will be available for Teachers/Helpers on August 23 to be picked up after the 9am worship service or the 10:30 am worship service, depending on which service you attend.
DUE TO PRESENT EXTRA COVID-19 CAUTION, Pastor Ron Good will not be visiting personal homes at this time. Visit contacts will continue by telephone, although he will arrange home visits if needed. Contact Ron if you have a need or request.
PLEASE JOIN US for an hour of prayer and worship on Friday nights! This is an excellent opportunity to begin your weekend with a quiet and worshipful heart. Bring your lawn chairs and Bibles. We meet at the Zinn's Mill property on Friday nights at 7pm. All are welcome!
OUTDOOR BAPTISM is Sunday, August 23 at 3 pm at the home of Brian & Amy Boyd. A chicken barbecue dinner will be provided afterwards for all in attendance. Bring your lawn chairs!
A COVERED SPACE IS NEEDED TO STORE Brian & Carmen Rump’s camper. If you have a space available, please contact the church office.
UPDATE ON AUGUST OFFERING SCHEDULE
August 9, 16, 23, 30 – Church Treasury
THE NURSERY IS NOT STAFFED but is available for you to use.
A MEMORIAL SERVICE will be held here on Saturday, August 29 in memory of Doug Fabian at 10 am. All are welcome!
ELEMENTARY children’s Sunday school lessons are available on the church website and Facebook. We encourage all families to gather together to view these online lessons.
BIKE HIKE -- An all-church Bike Hike is planned for Sunday, October 4 on the Rails to Trails near the church. We will first eat a pack lunch in the pavilion at 1 pm. Bring money for ice cream at the Twin Kiss in Colebrook. Questions, contact Dave Knauss.
THE DISTRICT DISASTER RELIEF AUCTION for September 2020 has been cancelled.
WOMEN’S FALL RETREAT at Refreshing Mountain Retreat is November 13-15. Women of all ages are invited to sign-up for this inspiring weekend. Registration forms are at the Information Centers. Forms and payment are due to Nancy Hibshman by September 27.
BLANKET DRIVE – UNTO Ministries is collecting blankets for refugees. New and unused blankets are preferred. A collection is taking place in the church narthex. Thanks for your support!
Junior High Youth Events
- August 9 – Bible study at Jason & Blythe Heisey’s home at 6 pm. Incoming 6th graders are welcome!
Senior High Youth Events
- August 9 – Bible study at Jason & Blythe Heisey’s home at 6 pm.