South Lebanon Community Church Affirmation of Faith and Practice
- there is one true God eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is the sovereign creator and sustainer of all things. (1 Cor. 8:6; Matt. 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14)
- that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is fully God and fully man, of virgin birth, lived a sinless life, died a substitutionary and atoning death for sin, resurrection from the tomb, ascension, and coming again. (John 14:8-11; 1 Cor. 15:1-7)
- in the personality and Diety of the Holy Spirit, His work of regenerating and indwelling believers, filling them and equipping them for Christian life and service. (Rom. 8:9-11)
- in the inspiration of the entire Bible, inerrant in its original text, and the authority in a believers life. We maintain the New Testament as our creed and rule of faith. (2 Tim. 3:16-17)
- that man was created in the image of God, his fall into sin which led to spiritual death for all mankind, the need for redemption by faith through Christ’s death on the cross. (1 Cor. 15:20-22)
- in a complete and eternal salvation revealed in the gospel, the good news that God through Christ is reconciling the world unto Himself by Christ’s redeeming grace. (Eph. 1:13-14; 2:8-9; John 10:27-28)
- that the church is the body and bride of Christ, responsible for sharing the gospel with all peoples, nurturing believers in their Christian faith and life, and that every believer is called and equipped to be a part of the total ministry of the church. (Matt. 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-16; 2 Cor. 3:18)
- that we are called to a ministry of peace and reconciliation in all areas of life and in all relationships. (2 Cor. 5:18)
- that we should seek to preserve life at every level, including the unborn.
- in the reality of Satan as the great adversary of God and His people, in demons, and the judgement and eternal doom of them all.
- in the future resurrection of both the just and the unjust. (John 5:28-29; 1 Thess. 4:13-18) Those who by faith trust in Christ will be raised to eternal life with God in a literal heaven. Those who reject Christ will be raised to eternal punishment in a literal hell.
- that life begins at conception and gender is determined by God at that point. (Psalm 139:13-15)
- That God has ordained marriage to be between one man and one woman in a lifetime covenant relationship. (Mark 10:6-9)
- that believers should observe the following ordinances:
- Baptism of believers by triune immersion as a symbol of cleansing of sins and new life in Christ. (Matt. 28:19-20; Acts 2:38)
- The three-fold Love feast including feet washing (John 13:1-20; 1 Tim. 5:10), love feast (Luke 22:20; John 13:4; 1 Cor. 11:17-34; Jude 12), and Holy Communion (Matt. 26: 26-30).
- The anointing of healing in the name of the Lord Jesus. (James 5:13-18; Mark 6:13)